Monday, May 15, 2006

Senator Hillary Has Nuthin' On Me!

"NEW YORK (May 15) - After telling an audience that young people today "think work is a four-letter word," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she apologized to her daughter."

THANK YOU HILLARY. I am in good company. As my daughters will testify, my mouth is often miles in front of my common sense. So many times have I had to utter "Whoops," and "That's not what I meant," that one would think that I would learn to put the brakes on the loose lips.

But such is not my reality. I rarely say things that are meant to hurt or be mean. When I do, there is no question about my intent. What I do is get so excited and so full of thoughts that my brain turns into a tumbler on crack and what rolls off my tongue can be random.

Two handwritten signs dominate my date book and kitchen wall: "mindfulness" and "unencumbered." They have been posted for so long that the corners of both signs are tattered and curled. Obviously these are two MORE rules I overlook.

Thankfully, I love you is said more than the rest of my babble.

No comments: